Deadline for applications: October 18, 2018
Location: Beirut-Adlieh Area
Working area: Fe-Male Office- Adlieh
Fe-Male is a civil feminist collective working with women and girls to eliminate injustice through building young feminist movement, empowering agents of change, and campaigning together against discriminatory norms and policies.
Dawaer foundation is a non-governmental, not for profit, non- partisan organization established in 2015 by a team of motivated activists who build on their extensive diverse experiences to reach a democratic peaceful society respectful of human rights.
As part of a project funded by the European Union, UNESCO aims to promote freedom of expression by encouraging film makers to address gender equality and women’s empowerment; promote the role of female film professionals by harnessing and enabling an environment to create and express their own concerns and tackle gender-related stereotypes in films while promoting cultural diversity. Within the framework of the regional programme Med Film, Fe-Male and Dawaer, under this partnership, aim to create an online directory of female film professionals in the Maghreb-Mashreq region and advocate for the promotion of gender equality in the film industry of Arabic expressions, through achieving the following:
- An online directory is created
- A network of CSOs in the Maghreb and Mashreq region is created.
- Regional CSOs are empowered to advocate for non-stereotyped female representation in the film sector.
The consultant is expected to deliver the following tasks:
- Ensure that the translation text is technically, linguistically and grammatically correct, error free and it should meet high quality standards, and would not need further editing after completion of translation;
- Professional translation from/to Arabic, English & French languages.
- Ensuring language excellence and proofreading;
- Ensuring quality check and proofreading of translation;
- The translator is obligated to work within the required deadlines;
- Upholding confidentiality and completing the translation perfectly and promptly.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure to ensure work is achieved to a high standard and in a timely manner;
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
MA in Translation.
- An advanced academic degree in Translation;
- At least six years of relevant experience as a translator;
- Familiarity with the Lebanese public education sector.
Languages: Arabic: Excellent English: Excellent French: Excellent
Submission guidelines: Applications should include a detailed CV. Please forward the application marked ” Translator” to the following e-mail address: email@example.com no later than . Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Categories: فرص عمل