Deadline for applications: October 18, 2018
Location: Beirut-Adlieh Area
Working area: Fe-Male Office- Adlieh
Fe-Male is a civil feminist collective working with women and girls to eliminate injustice through building young feminist movement, empowering agents of change, and campaigning together against discriminatory norms and policies.
Dawaer foundation is a non-governmental, not for profit, non- partisan organization established in 2015 by a team of motivated activists who build on their extensive diverse experiences to reach a democratic peaceful society respectful of human rights.
As part of a project funded by the European Union, UNESCO aims to promote freedom of expression by encouraging film makers to address gender equality and women’s empowerment; promote the role of female film professionals by harnessing and enabling an environment to create and express their own concerns and tackle gender-related stereotypes in films while promoting cultural diversity. Within the framework of the regional programme Med Film, Fe-Male and Dawaer, under this partnership, aim to create an online directory of female film professionals in the Maghreb-Mashreq region and advocate for the promotion of gender equality in the film industry of Arabic expressions, through achieving the following:
- An online directory is created
- A network of CSOs in the Maghreb and Mashreq region is created.
- Regional CSOs are empowered to advocate for non-stereotyped female representation in the film sector.
The consultant is expected to deliver the following tasks:
- Overall organization and supervision of the activities of the project
- Lead project planning;
- Monitor the implementation and progress of the project according to approved stated objectives, work plan, budget and indicators and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project;
- Monitor, evaluate and suggest changes and improvements in programme and materials based on observations and discussions with beneficiaries, partners, donors…;
- Represent Dawaer and Fe-Male with national authorities and donors;
- Recruiting project staff and external contractors;
- Monitoring the trainings and their quality;
- Finalization of narrative and financial reports;
- Development and strengthening of local and national partnerships including national and international organizations, academic institutions;
- Supervise Budget expenditure and financial reports.
- Conflict resolution.
- Critical thinking.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Time and priority management.
- Diversity and generational differences in the workplace.
- Problem solving.
MA in Business or Project Management.
Minimum 5 years of related experience
Languages: Arabic: Excellent English: Excellent
Submission guidelines: Applications should include a detailed CV. Please forward the application marked ” Project Supervisor” to the following e-mail address: email@example.com no later than . Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.