Deadline for applications: October 18, 2018
Location: Beirut-Adlieh Area
Working area: Fe-Male Office- Adlieh
Fe-Male is a civil feminist collective working with women and girls to eliminate injustice through building young feminist movement, empowering agents of change, and campaigning together against discriminatory norms and policies.
Dawaer foundation is a non-governmental, not for profit, non- partisan organization established in 2015 by a team of motivated activists who build on their extensive diverse experiences to reach a democratic peaceful society respectful of human rights.
As part of a project funded by the European Union, UNESCO aims to promote freedom of expression by encouraging film makers to address gender equality and women’s empowerment; promote the role of female film professionals by harnessing and enabling an environment to create and express their own concerns and tackle gender-related stereotypes in films while promoting cultural diversity. Within the framework of the regional programme Med Film, Fe-Male and Dawaer, under this partnership, aim to create an online directory of female film professionals in the Maghreb-Mashreq region and advocate for the promotion of gender equality in the film industry of Arabic expressions, through achieving the following:
- An online directory is created
- A network of CSOs in the Maghreb and Mashreq region is created.
- Regional CSOs are empowered to advocate for non-stereotyped female representation in the film sector.
The consultant is expected to deliver the following tasks:
- Start with an in-depth desk research online and on ground (looking for related researches, studies, publications…);
- Establish direct contact with key people in the film sector and female professionals themselves (via email, telephone and in person interviews) for the aim of collecting data through interviews and if possible, FDGs;
- Mapping and gathering information on influential Arab female professionals working in the film sector in the Maghreb and Mashreq region and collection of their bibliographies, filmographies, quotes, projects, their vision, and contact information. Create a medium to connect more professional females with the media;
- Create a survey that will include questions that will feed into preparing the biography and needed information about female professionals;
- Ensure the circulation of the survey, through regional partners, to a group of cinema clubs, syndicates, universities;
- Reviewing and filtering the surveys to later on contact the female professionals to double check the information and have their consent to publish their biographies;
- Maintain regular contact with related institutions and network of researchers;
- Organize and arrange meetings with external experts and senior consultants for research work;
- Participate in the analysis of the data and the final report publications;
- Be involved in any other tasks that may be identified by the Project Supervisor.
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Technical skills
- Statistical and Graphical Analysis of Data
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards
- Planning and scheduling
- Data collection
BA in Communication Arts or relevant knowledge in research.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, outlook etc.)
Languages: Arabic: Excellent English: Excellent
Submission guidelines: Applications should include a detailed CV. Please forward the application marked “Researcher” to the following e-mail address: email@example.com no later than . Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.